Math Placement Testing Registration for Incoming Students
All incoming students in grades 8-12 are required to register for a math placement test. Incoming 7th grade students who scored 90 or above on the SCPP test and are interested in taking Algebra 1 may sign up for a math placement test as well.
Incoming 7th Graders:
- The majority of incoming 7th graders will be placed into PreAlgebra AA. The "AA" stands for advanced, accelerated. This is a rigorous, fast-paced, challenging course. Taking this class as a 7th grader allows the student access to all of the highest math classes offered at Walnut by their senior year.
- The other course option for incoming 7th graders is Algebra 1 AA. Students who scored a 90 or above on the SCPP test and are interested in taking Algebra 1 as a 7th grader may sign up for a Math Placement Test through the link below. The math department will make a recommendation based on these test results to determine if PreAlgebra AA or Algebra 1 AA is the better fit for the student.
- GRADE 7 MATH PLACEMENT TEST REGISTRATION: https://forms.gle/ttBMNRAVas7Gf7jQ8
Incoming 8-12th Graders:
- All incoming students to grades 8-12 are required to register for the Math Placement Test. It is the intention of the math department to provide an exceptional learning experience for every student. In order to accomplish this task, proper placement is essential.
- GRADES 8-12 MATH PLACEMENT TEST REGISTRATION: https://forms.gle/z74BKLuG3rC6ksE79