

## ILT AGENDA **January 27th**, 2021

Attendance: Brian Sweeney, Ferd Schneider, Denise Pfeiffer, Ashley Morgan, Ellen Wathen, Mike Sherman, PeteRiddle Ploy Keener, Olivia Ballard, Laura Brogden, Kasey Shao, Sara McGuire-Jay, Elizabeth Thelen, Katelyn Sullivan, Kylie Bridgeman, Johanka Hart-Tompkins, Heather Lloyd, John Chambers, Samantha Bramlage, Acacia.Diniz (non voting) Laurie M B Cotton, Joseph Stewart, Chris Gibson, John Caliguri, Erin Kenney-Levin, Elizabeth Thelen, Daniel Coleman

Review & accept the minutes from November & December

November minutes: Pfeiffer: Motion to accept. Seconded by Sweeney. 20 - Yes 0 - No 0 - Abstain

December minutes: Smitson moved to accept. Pfeiffer seconded. 18 - Yes 0 - No 0 - Abstain

Sweeney: Have we looked at the viability of these 8th grade teams?

Stewart: We think we can do it. Hoping to get them back to back with the 60 student platoon.

## **Special Order of Business**

**PBIS** 

A. Morgan

Morgan: Worked with PBIS committee on blended learning expectations.

Chambers: Since modifications were made, we will need to vote on it.

Brogden: Is this something we're expected to vote on today?

Kenney: We can accept or send back to departments and vote in the February meeting

Morgan: I just want to make sure that the kids know these new expectations sooner rather than later so we can

get these expectations out to them.

Kenney: We meet again 2/10

Sweeney: Is every student in the building eating lunch in the classroom?

Morgan: Yes.

Sweeney: are they supposed to stay in there the entire block except to go to the bathroom?

Morgan: As far as I know, yes.

Chambers: They'll report to the kiosk to get their lunch and report back. We don't know how long it will take to get through the line at the kiosk.

Sweeney: Can we suggest that as many students as possible pack their lunches?

Morgan: Is that equitable?

Chambers: We'd get into equity issues.

Bramlage: These are district mandated?

Morgan: The things in red are things we didn't think would work in our school.

Bramlage: Is there flexibility to modify what's there?

Morgan: Yes

Lloyd: Do we want to add something about laptops, cables and having them fully charged before school?

Morgan: Yes. It's there, along with water bottles, etc.

Pfeiffer: Is there anything about the expectation of students having to be "on" during the 30 minutes on

Mondays?

Stewart: I think the FOS committee discussed that?

Smitson: Weren't we going to put out a list of expectations?

Chambers: The Monday remote expectation is a regular expectation. It's not going to be optional. When we put out the school-wide expectations, that will be included in the Monday expectations. Attendance will reflect whether they attended or not.

Kenney- need a motion to send back to departments or to vote.

Schneider: I think departments need the opportunity to read. Seconded by Brogden. Passes.

Morgan: We are struggling for attendance on PBIS committee. Now more than ever, we need to make an impact

in the building. We are struggling.

Hart-Tomkins: We could vote online?

Schnieder: Can we at least give our departments some time read through it?

Pfeiffer: Can Ashley make a feedback form and send to department chairs?

Chambers: Can we get a hard date on getting that information back to AShley?

Schneider: How about 2/2?

Kenney: On 2/2, I will send out an electronic vote.

Vote to Send back to Departments and vote on 2/2 17 - Yes, 0-No, 0-Abstian

**Old Business** <u>Originator</u>

ACT Schedule for Week of Feb 22 (Passed Online vote) Kenney

Kenney: Vote did pass online. If we're starting early, does that screw up what we've already passed?

Chambers: I don't think it will. I'll check with Maria to make sure.

Pfeiffer: Who is going to proctor the test? Chambers: Will have to talk to Maria.

McGuire- Jay: Will also need to check on bussing

New Business Originator

## **Long Range Plan and Strategic Directions**

Restle

Restle: LRP expired in 2019. Committee went through the plan word by word to make sure plan was still viable, whether it had been accomplished or whether they need to continue. Committee feels like they're ready to ask for approval from ILT and LSDMC. LRP contains initiatives that are crucial to our school. Strategic plan are transformative for our school. We are asking ILT's approval of these strategic directions so we can move forward on action plans.

Thelen: Are we voting on approval of the plan or to take to departments for discussion?

Kenney- This is not a time pertinent issue, but I agree that this should be taken to departments.

Restle- we'd love to take this to departments for feedback.

SMJ: There seems to be a difference in messaging between telling kids to sign up for CCP classes vs AP classes. If we really want to be a regional center for AP training, maybe we should get on the same page with that. With the schedule, we may want to rephrase the expansion of teaming- teaming implies a common planning time. Maybe a phase in to more autonomy with common students?

Restle- these were written prior to our new cohortining. Maybe I could create document that departments can share for feedback.

Kenney- Good idea. Any other discussion?

Kenney- motion to take LRP and strategic docs to depts. Bramlage second. Passes

Vote to Send back to Departments and vote on 2/2 16 - Yes, 0-No, 0-Abstian

## AB Block Schedule for 2020-2021 School Year

Morgan

Stewart: FOS met. Came up with a schedule. Put the block schedule in place to keep transitions to a minimum. That is why the block schedule is being advocated for. District is asking us to keep the block schedule.

Chambers: Downtown highly recommends that we keep the block schedule. They said they would be ok with modifications to reduce transitions and hallway traffic.

Morgan: It would maximize the time because of sanitation at the beginning and end of classes.

Hart-Tomkins: A lot of teachers would be with students without a break all day.

Chambers: Let me address that. We are aware of schedules that are like the ones Johanka referenced. We wouldn't move forward with a schedule that did not allow for a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch. We are working on possibilities to provide coverage on days when you have that full day of classes.

Erin - Prep bells and where to go?

Chambers - Teachers don't need to be at school during their prep bells.

Hart-Tomkins - If a person could come and give me lunchtime?

Chambers - We are working on this. You don't have to be in your classroom during lunch. You can sit in the hallway. District is providing plastic barriers for every student during lunch so they can eat without masks.

McGuire-Jay - Are we starting this on Feb. 1 or what date?

Chambers - Starting when students enter the building on Tuesday Feb. 16.

Hart-Tomkins - Can we advocate to wait to begin until the 7th-8th graders come?

Chambers - District leadership is aware we have over 250 junior high taking high school courses. My proposal is that we bring everyone back for the AB block schedule grades 7-12 on March 1 so junior high doesn't miss two weeks of instruction. But I haven't gotten a response from the district.

Sweeney - Why the 8-8:30 time buffer?

Chambers - Students who come in buses are staggered.

Ashley Morgan - Students go to their first teacher's room. Breakfast too.

Pfeiffer - How will Studyhall be managed?

Restle - One of the advantages of blocks is that grades 7-12 can come late or leave early if they have Study Hall, and this decreases SH numbers. We hope to use the cafeteria. Hope to not hold SH in classrooms. Need more time to put together. Haven't discussed student workers, going to library, etc.

Bramlage - Hand-washing protocols?

Chambers - Extended time between bells allows for this, and hand sanitizing stations are around the building. We provide paper towels. Lunch will have kiosks in 4 locations and will be broken up by area of the building.

This will be finalized in the next 48 hours.

Sherman - Do we go into school tomorrow, Jan.28?

Chambers - Yes.

Schneider - What is max number of students in class?

Chambers - Depends on the size of the room to allow 3-6 feet distancing.

Schneider - I would like to see all this written down before ILT adopts the plan.

Hart-Tomkins - I agree with Ferd. I want these issues to be addressed before we vote.

Erin - We have lots of questions.

Pfeiffer - Staff needs clarity. Can the information be shared and then vote later?

Kylie - Will 6 feet social distancing be enforced in hallways?

Chambers - Yes. Designated stairwells go up or down. So it will take kids longer sometimes and we'd rather have too much time for them. Security will be in hallways to move kids along.

Brogden - We also need to decide if we're having students clean desks at beginning or end of bells. Also, which bell schedule are we voting on?

Kenney - we are voting on the yellow one with the 90 minute blocks.

Sweeney - Shouldn't junior high come on Feb. 16th first?

Chambers - District is more concerned with Seniors and graduation requirements.

Hart-Tomkns - I'm wondering if you could swap the bells 4 and 5?

Restle - My worry is that we trade one problem for another.

Kylie - Students are worried the block time will be used for assessments (tests.) We want more teaching. Also will we have metal detectors? Also, can students enter without a mask if they have a medical condition? Coleman - Students will get a metal check with a wand which will be sanitized several times per day. For the mask guestion, we need the medical information from student.

Kenney: I move to send out information to departments and staff to explain the schedule. Then on Tuesday Feb. 2 a google form will be sent to ILT members to vote on the schedule and PBIS changes.

Pfeiffer - Second the motion.

**Kenney - The motion passes** 

Vote to Send back to Departments and vote on 2/2 17 - Yes, 0-No, 0-Abstian

Kenney - I move to adjourn the meeting.

Hart-Tomkins - Second the motion.

Kenney - Motion passes and the meeting is adjourned at 4:40 pm.